What do we do ?

Once a BLVer always a BLVer!

My name is Merna Osama and I am from Egypt. I am a Physical Therapy student, part-time singer and full-time globetrotter. 

I love volunteering and helping people and I have found that every volunteering mission has added something new to my personality. 

I’ve joined a lot of volunteering organisations - some were local and some were international. After gaining a lot of experience as a committed volunteer, I felt as though it was the appropriate time to join the UN online volunteering service, so I could share my existing knowledge and refine my skill set. 



I find Marketing an interesting sector and when I joined Better Life Vietnam, I wanted to refine my skills in this area, so when it was the perfect job match. During this work placement, I learnt valuable leadership skills and I was able to brainstorm and create content alongside my team. I now have better discipline and I have become more time-efficient. I have learnt a lot about marketing from my teammates and friends that have also been involved in the project.  Additionally, I was given behind-the-scenes access to the pages we marketed products through. The Marketing team members were all very supportive and kind to me. 

Our collective role was to inform the world about Vietnam and what BLV’s projects involve. I believe that we conquered this task, successfully spreading the word. This experience has meant a lot to me. I now have new friends from all over the world and we have made a deal to visit each other when the Coronavirus lockdown has lifted. 

Through volunteering, I’ve learned about discipline and time commitment from my friends in the charity
project. I also learned a lot about marketing from my teammates. However, the most important thing I’ve learned is that as long as you help others with an open heart, the world will reach out to you with more and more.

It has been a pleasure to work with the BLV team, especially Ms Thinh Nguyen, the Founder of Better Life Vietnam. She was very kind and supportive. I look forward to the day when I can visit Vietnam with Tours For Books and meet the team in person!

 

Once a BLVer always a BLVer!

Comments